Gold painted cast iron measuring 8" x 6.5". On face: the letters CDA and a crucifix. On reverse: PAT.APP.FOR.
The Catholic Daughters of the Americas was formed in New York in 1903, as an auxiliary to the "Knights of Columbus". This organization was originally founded as the National Order of the Daughters of Isabella; the name was changed in 1921. In 1994 there were 160,000 members. The order's ritual, devised by the Knights of Columbus, was (and is) predictably Roman Catholic in orientation. Kotrba collection