We welcome you to our website and trust you'll find your visits both interesting and beneficial. You are invited to JOIN PITCA! Annual dues start as low as $35 per year. You won't find a nicer group of collectors ... people you will soon call friends.
✰ 37th ANNUAL PITCA CONVENTION ✰
Pittsburgh North Marriott
100 Cranberry Woods Drive, Cranberry Township, PA
Friday & Saturday, July 29-30, 2022
The 3rd Auction from the extensive Buck Carson Pressing Iron Collection will be held here on Thursday, July 28th and is open to the public. Become a PITCA member and stay for the annual convention that follows! Highlights will include Presentations, member Displays, the opportunity to Buy & Sell, and two banquet dinners.
This month's featured image (click to enlarge) shares color variations of the 1946 Silver Streak electric iron. The body, by Corning Glass Works, was composed of heat-resistant Pyrex borosilicate glass. Discussion: Corning Museum of Glass
The YouTube series Kevin Talks Irons by PITCA members Kate & Kevin McCartney is intended to educate and entertain the avid collector, beginning collector, antique shop owner, picker and novice alike.
PITCA membership includes a subscription to the Pressing News journal which is published quarterly in September, December, March & June. The March 2022 issue contains the following in-depth articles:
Would you like to read a past issue? ★ Click Here to view six articles from the September 2021 issue plus two other articles shared from earlier issues.
1. Fellow member Kevin McCartney, recounting his Fullbright adventures in India, has just shared a new blog post featuring roadside merchants in the discussion Forum.
2. The next Zoom meeting will be Saturday, June 4th. Read a summary of the April 23rd Zoom Gathering under Zoom Info.
3. The Swiss Iron Collectors Club will be meeting in Switzerland, May 21-22, 2022. For information email PITCA member Marc Pisler.
4. If you're considering attending the International Meeting of Collectors of Old Flat Irons in Spain this September, please email Jeannie Marcus for additional information.
5. Take advantage of BuySellTrade and Forum to communicate with fellow members.
✰ If you're a PITCA member who needs to Sign Up for this website or is having trouble accessing the tabs under Members Only, see Website Help.
Gary Douglas ~ President
Jerry Marcus ~ Secretary/Treasurer
Jay Raymond ~ Editor, Pressing News
Jackie Lind ~ Librarian
Lynn Rosack ~ Webmaster